The letters for use when complaining about non delivery or delay delivery of goods have been purchased by a consumer.
Content the letter
1. Describe the item or service you bought.
2. Say where and when you bought the item, and how much it cost;
3. Explain that the goods you order have not been received yet .
4. Ask them the reason for the delay.
5. Explain what you expect to be done to rectify the situation.
1. The goods we ordered from you on … should have reached us …
2. We refer our to our letter of … that our order no … of … should have been delivered / despatched … weeks ago/last….
3. The goods we ordered from you on … have not yet been delivered.
4. We regret having to report that we have not yet received the goods we ordered on …
5. We are writing to complain about our order no … of … are considerably (long) overdue.
6. As the goods are required for …., we must now insist on immediate delivery (execution) of our order no …
7. We regret to have to complain about late delivery of … we ordered from you on …
8. As that is … and we have not yet received advice of delivery, we are wondering whether the order has since been overlooked.
1. I am very unhappy with this delay delivery.
2. This situation is causing us a great deal of inconvenience.
3. This standard of workmanship is not what I have come to expect from you.
4. This service is well below the standard expected.
5. I felt you would wish to know about this delay delivery.
6. I am sure you will wish to look into this and find out what happened.
Phrases used to stop the business reliationship
1. Unfortunately, there has been a similar delay on the previous occasion and this compels us to say that business between us cannot continued in such a bad condition.
Phrases used to cancel the order:
1. If you do not deliver the furniture within … of the date of this letter, I will consider you to be in breach of contract. The contract will then be terminated and I will require a full and immediate refund.
2. Unlesss the goods are received within…. we would have to cancel our order.
3. I hereby give you …. to deliver my order to me, failing which, I will expect you to reimburse me for the loss of my order in its entirety including associated costs.
4. We must ask you to complete the order immediately, otherwise we shall have no option but to cancel it and obtain the stationery elsewhere.
1. We shall be glad if you will look into the matter at once and let us know the reason for the delay.
2. We feel there must be some explanation of the delay and await you reply.
3. We hope you will understand how we are placed and that from now we can rely upon punctual completion of our order.
4. May I take this opportunity to advise you that any expenses incurred in relation to raising this court action will be added to my claim.
5. We feel there must be some explanation for this delay and await your prompt
88 Dimanawae Street
KLM/SKJ 6 August 2010
18 Queen Avenue
Dear Mr. Filan,
Our Cosmetic Products
We regret to have to complain about late delivery of cosmetic products we ordered from you on 22 July 2010. Although you had given us guarantee in delivery within 2 weeks, we did not receive them until yesterday.
We are very unhappy with this delay delivery. We must ask you to complete the order immediately, otherwise we shall have no option but to cancel it and obtain the stationery elsewhere.
We feel there must be some explanation for this delay and await your prompt reply.
Kelly Love Martin